Saturday, April 1, 2017

Mountain Men

Last weekend me and the boys (in other words, minus Jimmy) went up to the mountains to visit my dad and family. Thank goodness we stopped half way to pick up Aunt Ali because the last couple hours they were loosing it with boredom. In sum, this was the first trip that I really felt the kids appreciated the outdoors and the different sights the mountains have to offer. Warms to heart to see them fall in love with a place so special to me! My dad and Beth showed us such a great time, per usual, with good food, drinks and entertainment. Lucky, lucky all around!

In route with Chic-fil-a and DVDs on play
My morning wake-up call. Would be cute if I hadn't stayed up until 1am catching up with everyone...


Climbing trees and then exploring the "caves" at Linville Caverns...

S'mores face
Saturday was another fun-filled day with more exploring dad's property and a trip to Grandfather Mountain with the gift shop (first time trying rock candy), swinging bridge, animal exhibits, picnic lunch and more!

Sticks = guns. Duh!
1 mile up! 
Granny B and Crew
Hazy day, but still beautiful
The whole bunch
They were fans!! 
Sleepy black bear
Sight seeing per Kingston
Throwing discs
Yep, my cup runneth over...

And then on the way home, Danny captured this picture from the very back of the "bus". Interesting to see his perspective...



No comments:

Post a Comment