Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas # 3 - The Calm Before the Storm

Tuesday AM we got up early to start our trek to North Carolina. The first stop, Newland, NC to visit with my pops. 81 was horrific in terms of truck traffic, but otherwise it was a smooth trip. When we got there about 4pm we simply took a load off, hung with my dad and waited for Ali to get into town from Chapel Hill so we could go to dinner. After stuffing ourselves with delicious mountain Mexican food, we called it a night. Wednesday we took all our pups for a nice hike and then Grandma and Grandpa got into town from Ohio that afternoon. It's always so great to catch up!



Thursday AM we did our Christmas morning with my dad and Grandparents. The dinner we had Thursday early evening is perhaps my favorite meal of the year - Christmas Eve Fondue. It's been a tradition in my family for a long time and something I will definitely carry on when I host the holidays someday...



Thursday after dinner, Ali, Jimmy and I headed to Boone to start Christmas #4 with my mom. Sometime in the middle of the night, the crazy ice storm started...

No comments:

Post a Comment