Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Booties Season!


After being hounded by the family over the holidays for not participating in this blog I've finally decided to pitch in. As I sit here and type, Malloy is laying on my feet having his usual afternoon snack consisting of Twizzlers and Natural Light. Normally I would shoo him away b/c his large and bony frame takes a toll on my metatarsus, however, I welcome his warm butt today b/c I just got out of the 62 degree surf. We've been wearing full wetsuits for at least a month and now it's finally booties season as the water temp will soon drop into the 50's. Long gone are the days of boardshorts and springsuits. My toes are slowly thawing out from today's adventure -and if my Secret Santa is reading this please note that I could really use a new pair of surf booties this year.

Anyways, I hope everyone else is enjoying their day as much as I am. It was nice to take a break from studying and paddle out. There are some head high sets, its sunny and the sky is clear, there is a Thursday night football game and Kaylie is making Chicken Stir-fry- you can't ask for much more than that.

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment