Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fun Weekend & Paint Updates

We had a nice relaxing weekend. Jimmy went fishing with Mike all day Saturday, intensifying his desire for us to get a boat of our own. Some day for sure. I stayed home and just chilled with Malloy...




Saturday night we went with Brittany and Mike to Adam's funny hat birthday party. I was too distracted by the bazillion work people there and I promised Jimmy I wouldn't post a picture of him in his hat for the night, so I don't have much to show for it. Here's the birthday boy hamming it up for the camera...



Lastly, here's some before and after pictures of two of the rooms we had Kevin help us paint during his stay. I'll post pictures of our revamped bedroom once I complete the curtains.

Upstairs guest bathroom BEFORE (actually a super old picture from before we moved in):


AFTER:


Master bathroom BEFORE (also an older picture with the previous owner's things):

AFTER:


I'm happy with the end results. In the guest bath we just wanted a super light, almost white white. In our bathroom, I was trying to recreate a classy, cornflower blue that I had seen in Coastal Living. Much to Jimmy's disappointment, the color can look more purple than blue in some light, but I still think it's pretty against all the white.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new paint colors. I think they look amazing! The blue is so beautiful! Doesn't look purple to me! Think it's super boring we aren't posting the picture of Jimmy in his hat.

    ReplyDelete