Monday, September 5, 2011

World meet Connor

Connor Michael Long - 9lbs 12 oz - born 9.2.11 at 10:55pm
This past weekend was an exciting time for all! We got the text Friday morning that Kelly was in labor. I begrudgingly went to work and had to stay past 5pm on a Friday for a meeting - the guy drove from Raleigh, so I couldn't blow him off!

Jimmy and I finally got to the hospital in VA Beach at a little before 10pm to Dan and Stefanie waiting for us in the parking garage with the news that Kelly was about to start pushing. Yes! Connor had the good sense to wait for his Aunt Kaylie and Uncle Jimmy to get there!

Marisol, Dan, Stefanie, Kevin, Jimmy, Preston, Mrs. and Mr. Long and I all anxiously waited in the waiting room until mommy, daddy and baby were ready for the parade of visitors! Holding a baby just a couple hours old was even more special than I thought it would be. We were all in 7th heaven. So proud of Kelly - and Spencer - for bringing Connor into this world with such courage and poise!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for Kelly & Spencer! These pictures are so great, I got all weepy just looking at them. Send them my love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congrats to you all! Connor is so handsome and Kelly looks amazing. I looked like a zombie post labor!

    ReplyDelete