Sunday, October 2, 2011

First Day of October

We woke up Saturday morning to refreshingly low temperatures. It will inevitably get warm again, but it was still a nice Fall teaser. Jimmy had a bunch of school work to do so I walked Malloy, did some yoga and then joined my mom and family friend, Buffa, for a day trip to Southport.

We did lunch at the Provision Company on the water and hit up some shops, including a great Christmas store. I'm now way too excited for the holidays.


It was a tiring day trip, so Saturday evening it was just dinner, big drinks and fire dancing. Yes, fire dancing. I don't have pics to prove it, but there was a young woman at the Fat Pelican dancing with chains soaked in lighter fluid and set on fire. Weird, I know.


Looking back at old posts from weekend recaps, all I can say is, man, I love my mom and all, but we need to get some friends our own age! Sure, we have a few in Wilmington, including Mike and Brittany, who we're doing crabs and beer with tonight. Should be fun!

1 comment: