Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Connor!

Today is Connor's 1st birthday! Hard to believe it's been a year. I remember his "day of birth" like it was yesterday. Jimmy and I got the text on the way to work in the morning that Kelly was on her way to the hospital. Never having been in labor myself, I didn't realize that it typically takes hours and hours, so I was a hot mess all day just itching to get on the road. Low and behold, I worried for no reason and we made it to Virginia Beach in time to take part in the anticipation with the rest of the family. I'll never forget seeing Kelly's face holding her little boy when we first walked into her room. It was such a special night.

Funny story - the whole family was on "Kaylie drinking watch" that weekend to see if I was pregnant yet. The verdict? "No, not yet". In reality I WAS though, but only a couple weeks along. Hah - gotcha!

We're currently in Virginia Beach right now celebrating with everyone. Weekend pics and recap to come. For now, here's an adorable shot I stole from Kelly's Facebook account. Happy Birthday Connor! We love you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment