Sunday, March 29, 2015

Crew at 5 Months


I'm late on this post, per usual. Work, the two kiddos, same old excuses ;) Anyways, our sweet Crew is now five months old! The 4-5 month timeframe since Crew's last monthly update has been all about SLEEP. He was getting too big for the bassinet next to my bed, but was way too good at unswaddling himself (and getting tangled up) for me to safely move him to his crib while still being swaddled. Hesitant that he'd sleep worse and that I'd be up and down the stairs multiple times a night, I resisted for a week or so. But while Jimmy was out of town for Kevin's bachelor weekend, I bit the bullet and started the transition. One arm out and then both and then cold turkey - no swaddle! Woo hoo! And now he safely sleeps in his crib and seems to actually be happier there. I still swaddle during naps, but will probably stop that soon as well. Anyways, he's doing great! Continues to be super active - really into grabbing, holding and moving all about while on floor. Won't stay on his back for more than a minute before he's flipped to his belly. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not crawling very soon! I see and feel what might be the start of his first tooth, but so far, it's staying put. He "chews" on his tongue especially when he gets tired like a little cow. He also likes to scream and yell at different pitches and volumes. We go for a well-check on Tuesday - more to come on his official stats! Here are some other outtakes from our photo shoot!





No comments:

Post a Comment