Sunday, May 22, 2016

Brothers

On April 1st, we found out that #3 is a HE! And I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed. In my mind, I always thought I would have 3 children. So by having 3 boys, that by default meant that I would never have a daughter. Enter crushing blow. And nothing anyone said could make me feel any better. But after reading some "support" blogs for moms of all boys, I was able to better process my emotions and make myself feel better. Pretty empowering. Here's the thing. As a mom of two boys, I already know firsthand the pros of having boys - their special love of their mama, their spunk, their curiosity, their resilience. And the bond between brothers, just can't be beat. I mean come on...


But loving my boys and being excited about adding another one to the mix was never the problem. It was about the "loss" of a daughter and the positive of the one doesn't necessarily replace the negative of the other. They're separate emotions. So here's where I'm at today. I am 100% excited about the baby boy that will be here in 3 months or so. Woo hoo! But we're also keeping on the table the possibility of trying for a fourth and obviously hoping it would be a girl...but it could just as easily be another boy. And four kids - regardless of gender - is a pretty big family! As a planner, it kills me to not know for sure what we want to do yet, so at this point I'm just waiting for a sign. Either I was meant to be a mom of all boys or there will someday be a mini me  - only time will tell and either way, we're very fortunate for our family. Until then, it's all about the "brothers" in our household.

Sniffing daddy's surf wax
Playing Go Fish - Crew didn't last!


No comments:

Post a Comment