Tuesday, January 17, 2017

New Year. New Attitudes.


So far 2017 is the year of "attitude" and not in a good way. Danny and Crew are both growing and maturing so quickly and with those changes come moodiness. It's not especially funny right now, but I know I'll look back on this time years from now and laugh. So, I'm recollecting here...

Crew Says the Darndest Things...
  • "Poopy butt school bus" - what he calls me when he's mad at me/doesn't get his way
  • "I don't want to watch that. Stupid show." - what he says when you put something on T.V. that he doesn't like
  • "I not eat that. Is goss." - not shy about telling me when I'm feeding him something he thinks is gross. In contrast, says, "I like it. My favorite. Yumm, yumm," when he's pleased.
  • "I do if I want" - in response to me telling him to stop doing something
  • Lovingly calls one of his teachers, Mrs. Whitley, "Mrs. Wee Wee"  
  • Despite all the attitude, he's also become more affectionate, telling me and everyone else how much he has missed them when he doesn't seem them for a little bit, e.g. "Kingston, I miss you," with lots of kisses when he wakes up from his nap. 
Crew and Danny continue to teeter between best friend and worst enemies on a daily basis and egg each other on in a way that drives me nuts, but I'm confident they will end up best friends. Take their placement on the couch for example - always on the same cushion so they can cuddle and pick on each other whenever they want vs. occupying their own space.



Like Crew, Danny has also had major attitude problems lately. We're talking eye rolls, "I don't even care"s, sulking, temper tantrums, you name it. He's basically four going on 14. Heaven help us. Please send wine :)



No comments:

Post a Comment