Friday, June 29, 2018

Welcome Etta Jacqueline!

I am sooo far behind on the blog! But starting where I left off, a couple days shy of her due date, I wake up to texts from Alex that she's in labor (from super early AM) and "headed to the hospital" (about 6am). It was a Friday and also Danny's last day of school. I thought I'd be cool to just let her be born and then go see her, but I was instantly in panic mode and just HAD to get to Chapel Hill. Luckily, Marisol offered to sit with the boys during their naps and until Jimmy could get home, so I could book it! Good for Ali, but bad for me, I got a text when I was just a couple miles away from the hospital that she was just born! So I squirmed around in my chair in the waiting room for about 30-45 mins before Dieter gave me the go ahead to come back. Cue instantly in love with this little beauty!


I'm such a proud sister and aunt - my mom was in the delivery room and said that Alex did great and she's since been just a great, natural mom! Only complaint is that she doesn't send me more pictures - I'm talking multiple times a day is what I need.


Here are other scenes from Etta's first 12 hours or so on this earth.

Nana aka "Holly Etta" with her namesake
Happy Gpa
Can I keep her?
Proud Uncle
Late dinner that night at Bar Taco
The next AM, one last snuggle before back to CB for my boys
And finally ready to go home from the hospital and looking like a little china doll.


Good work Ali and Dieter! Can't wait to get my hands on her again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment