Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Eats

Hope everyone had a great Easter. I spent the weekend, not surprisingly, reading on the beach. What you ask? Cutting for Stone and I'm really enjoying it.

Now for what we ate...dessert first. I got in my head at the end of last week that I really wanted to make a coconut cake for Easter. Well coconut cake we made - a 15 pounder - after 2 days of baking. Yes, that's right. It weighed 15 lbs. It's insanely rich and beyond bad for you, but delicious. I won't show you an end result picture of my cake because my layers were uneven. It was, as Jimmy called it, my leaning tower of pisa coconut cake. Anyways, if you're looking for a special occasion cake (a 10 1/2 sticks of butter cake is NOT for everyday) and you have a lot of people to feed, give this coconut cake from Peninsula Grill in Charleston, SC a try...


Rewind to dinner... I had never had lamb (or at least I couldn't remember ever having it), so we decided to do a leg of lamb with lamb gravy. To keep things simple, the sides were roasted fingerling potatoes and asparagus - both independently tossed in a little olive oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic and s&p. I know lamb is supposed to be eaten medium, but I opted for the more well done areas for my first taste of lamb.


Sorry posts have been solely about food these days. I'd share pics of me watching the tube at night or my feet in the sand on the weekend, but that would be boring.

Definitely worthy of a belated shout out though, Jimmy and I are going to have a nephew! Kelly and Spencer couldn't be more thrilled that they are having a boy! I think this little outfit supporting their alma mater is a must. What a little bruiser baby Long will be...

2 comments: