Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring Cleaning

For some reason I feel like when I plug personal resolutions to blog friends, I'll be more likely to follow through. It worked here. Not so much here. I will start writing soon. Promise. Starting now though, I want to kick-up our healthy habits a notch, starting with these 5 initiatives...
  1. Move runs to the mornings - Jimmy and I ran before work yesterday and it was such a great start to the day. My California friends can attest, I used to be a 3x/week, 11 months/year, 6am, outdoor lap swimmer and 2x/week 5:45am spinning class attendee. I was even a AM workout person for a period of time in Wilmington. For whatever reason, my morning motivation has been low, but I'm working on it. 
  2. Abs everyday - It's just too easy to accomplish to not do it. One 30 min TV show = abs for the day. Spoken like someone not in grad school and without children...
  3. Plan weekly meals around what's in season - I tend to plan meals simply by what sounds good to me, regardless of what's especially great this time of year (read: lots of fruits and vegetables in the spring). Which brings me to my 4th initiative...
  4. Eat more vegetarian lunches and dinners to make room in the grocery budget for local fish
  5. Use my overnight oats in the morning to cram some omega-3s, antioxidants, fiber, protein and whole grains - walnuts, blueberries, chia seeds, greek yogurt, oats, etc. I am so thankful to Peanut Butter Runner for turning me on to overnight oats. 
Can't wait to sleep in a little, enjoy my morning run and do some shopping with my mom tomorrow. And then the weekend - check out the weather - it doesn't get any better than this!


No comments:

Post a Comment