Wednesday, December 14, 2011

17 Weeks Wednesday

This last week has been an exciting one to say the least. I woke up Monday feeling more achey and sore in my lower belly than I had been. I thought, "things" (ligaments, muscles, etc) must just be starting to stretch more rapidly. No biggie.

Then early Tuesday morning, maybe around 5:30am, I was laying in bed unable to fall back asleep when I felt the baby move for the first time. It was so unbelievably magical - a feeling like nothing before. Just a quick flutter.  The rest of Tuesday morning I didn't feel anything, but when I was on my lunch break sitting in my car at a traffic light listening to Christmas music, I felt the baby again. This time it felt like a "goldfish swimming inside my belly", as one mommy described it in a forum I read. Now I long everyday for few minutes of peace and quiet to tune in to the subtle movements. Sometimes I picture him/her dancing like this inside my womb to make me smile. Explains the heightened flutters when I'm listening to music.

Other new developments - I'm not as physically strong as I once was. Coincidence? Nah. It has to be pregnancy related. Trying to do yoga tonight I could barely hold the poses. Granted I was never good at yoga before, but that was more related to flexibility. Oh well. I guess I just have to modify moving forward...

CAN NOT WAIT until next Wednesday. Fingers crossed for a healthy and precocious baby so we get a good report and a sex reveal.

4 comments:

  1. So exciting! Also, I love that the consensus is now 8:6 boy! Very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing. Feeling the baby is definitely one of the better parts of pregnancy. I think a girl. Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Amie is so cute!

    Dieter and I (and I know you do too) wish we could see who is voting for which sex. Dieter seems to think that boys will mostly vote "It's a Boy" whereas girls vote "Girl." But I would guess you have more girls following your blog than boys? 5 more days!

    ReplyDelete