Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Crew at 9 Months


Lay still? You must be joking!
How is this even possible?? It seems like yesterday that Crew was just born and now he's 9 months old! He's still not walking, but he's one heck of a crawler and perhaps getting closer to walking soon? Cruises around things and has even let go and stood on his own for a few seconds a couple times. Still going through major separation anxiety and testing different voice volumes (read: shrieks and screams!). He has such an attitude and seems to get frustrated so easily, always throwing himself with arched back in displeasure! Loves wrestling (go figure) with Danny. Like I reprimand Danny for being too rough and body slamming his baby brother and Crew just goes back for more giggling all the way. What are we to do? This past month he's taken a big leap in terms of food experimentation - feeding himself all kinds of finger foods. His favorites are probably cheerios, sweet potatoes and pears. So afraid of writing this for fear I'll jinx myself, but he's been on a good nap stretch recently - goes down easily, and on his own, and sleeps for 1.5-2 hours in both the morning and afternoon. Still sleeping through the night, which is great, but wakes up early like between 5 and 6am. Hoping he starts sleeping a little later as he gets older. Says "mamamamama" and "dada" and I think he knows what he's talking about. Let's see what else... eats sand at the beach like it's his job and HATES being taken out of the bathtub, diaper changes and getting dressed. Dealing with one of his tantrums the other day, I was recalling stories of me as a baby - holding my breath until I passed out in a fit of defiance and frustration. So I asked my mom about my other behaviors as a baby and it seems that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Crew acts just like me at his age, that is to say super intelligent and nearly perfect ;) Loves clapping especially to music or TV shows like Mickey Mouse and Bubble Guppies. His newest trick is to sit in your lap and lunge himself backwards initiating a backflip and then clap for himself. What a maniac...


No comments:

Post a Comment