Sunday, February 6, 2011

stand up paddle day

Went on a great paddle today with my buddy Mike, thought I'd share. We paddled around Zeke Island, which is just off the tip of Fort Fisher. This time I was able to bring my camera, b/c Scott gave me a sweet waterproof backpack for xmas. About halfway we stopped at a little bank on an old military road that was used (a long time ago) to connect Fort Fisher to Bald Head Island and I snapped a few pictures. We also scouted some great fishing spots for when the water warms up a bit. Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

Road leading to Bald Head. Basin water to the left, Cape Fear river water on the right:


If you click on this picture, you can just make out Bald Head Island and its lighthouse:


Road leading back to the island. Directly above the end of the road you can see the blue Kure Beach water tower and the white building to the right is the aquarium:


1 comment: