Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day

Hope everyone is having a great day! As much as I love my Irish-by marriage heritage, I've done a really lame job at celebrating the holiday this year. The most Irish thing I did today was wake up next to my Irish husband this morning. I forgot to wear green. I did not participate in Baked Potato Day at work. We decided against beer, which I would have promptly dyed green, to avoid the empty calories.

Reminiscing about my initiation into the O'Connor clan, Jimmy and I's wedding, and especially my father-in-law's toast at our rehearsal dinner, however, puts it all in perspective. He said...

May God be with you and bless you.
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune, 
Rich in blessings.
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.

And so I have...

No comments:

Post a Comment