Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lotide

I really, really wanted to do the Charleston Cooper Bridge Run on April 2nd with my sister, but it doesn't look like it's going to work out. So... I decided to do a local, and I do mean local, run yesterday instead. See map below - I live right behind the lake, so I literally ran around my house a couple times. And Ali and I are going to find another run to do together later in the spring/summer too!



Anyways, the run I did was the Annual Steve Haydu St. Patty's Day Lotide 10K. Up until about 30 mins before the race, I thought a 10K was around 5 miles, a distance I run maybe once a week. Luckily Jimmy googled the distance and helped me get in a 6.2 mile frame of mind before the race started.


I finished - not at an impressive place or with impressive timing - but I finished and felt great doing it - 96th of 208 at 56:27. Before you make fun - I don't competitively run. And I only got beat by a few people my parents age.

Now to clean, get ready for the work week and help my mom organize her new place. Check out the ocean views from her deck...

2 comments:

  1. Well done! We are proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I can't wait for our run together. Let's make it a 5K though, 6.2 miles intimidates me

    ReplyDelete