Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mid-Week Fun

Yesterday we were graced with the presence of Jon and Spencer Hueshdash - Spencer is one of my blog readers. Hi Spencer! Jon is one of Jimmy's best friends and also a former wrestler at JMU.

Jimmy spent the day with our friends at Fort Fisher fishing for the flounder we were going to have for dinner. Lucky for all, I prepped for chicken piccata just in case they came back empty handed. Maybe next time! We finished out the night with a strawberry crumble. It was so nice to catch up with these guys. I have my heart set on a Foo Fighters concert in September up in Pittsburgh, so we can visit again sooner.


I've driven by this new ice cream place in town too many times to not stop and give it a try, so that's just what I did today after work. It's my duty to support local business! The owner of the Velvet Freeze is also the chef at a great new wine bar downtown called the Fortunate Glass. I had cherry brandy and it was delicious. I also tried their lemon verbena. It was very good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment