Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Porch Progress

Hope everyone is having a good week thus far! I've been a very busy girl - both day and night. We had a great weekend - drinks with the Atkinsons on Friday night, a little window shopping on Saturday, a little painting and priming on Saturday evening. On Sunday - no joke - I spent the better part of the day shopping online for an outdoor rug. All those mouse clicks paid off because I found THE rug - it arrived in the mail today from Overstock!

It's gray/brown with turquoise "sailor knots".


I'm super impressed with the indoor rug look & feel, but the outdoor rug plastic construction durability.


Here are some other sneak peeks of the porch components. My "cube mate" never fails to point out the paint residue on arms and legs...

Thanks for donating this great rocker, Mom, but the Barney purple had to go!

(Pre-priming}
What's with all the colors, people? Could these chairs be going to an outdoor table???

{Pre-priming}
It's easy to decorate when you can just spend money out the wazoo. I give myself props for breathing new life into these free and thrift store finds.

So looking forward to sharing our porch with our pending June visitors - Chris & Jackie Hastings, Amie, Ben, Lucy & baby #2 Lucas and John and Spencer Huesdash.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the rug! Great thrift finds with the chairs too! Can't wait to see how you finish the porch!

    Also... I'd like to add the Whittakers to the visitors list soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kaylie if you are in need of a Deck Box, there are deals on my Employee Purchase site right now.

    ReplyDelete