Monday, November 21, 2011

Boy or Girl?

So we went to our second prenatal appointment today and so far, so good. Checking out with the receptionist, we had to make the decision of whether to schedule our anatomy ultrasound a week earlier or a week later than the recommended (by our practice) 19 weeks. The ultrasound tech is out my whole 19th week - how dare she! Our predicament - waiting until 20 weeks means waiting until the first of January and not celebrating our baby boy or girl over Christmas. So.... we're going for it and (hopefully) finding out the sex a week early on Dec. 21st.

So, which way am I leaning? I've had dreams about a baby boy, but for some reason, I think we're having a girl. On two separate occasions, my mom and Ali both told me they thought girl too. I have different, but equal, desires for boy and girl, so I'm going to be ecstatic either way. Jimmy's on the same page.

Please let us know what you think baby will be by casting your vote in our poll at the top of the page. Remember what you chose because I'd like to get some Team Boy/Team Girl action going somehow to include friends and family on the excitement of the next couple weeks.

BOY
Despite being without make-up and my hair brushed, I think I look "good" with a baby boy in my arms. Between Henry, my adorable nephew, Connor, and my new little buddy in CA, Wyatt, I'm a softy for baby boys. I'd love for the oldest child to be a big brother like Colin and Jimmy.

Baby and photo - Borrowed from Lindsey

GIRL
Who doesn't love a baby girl? So fun to dress as a baby and do girly things with as a young lady. Characteristically less rambunctious than little boys. It definitely seems to be the year or years of "the boy", but I do have one little girl love - Miss Lucy in CA. 

Lucy visiting CB - July 2010

1 comment:

  1. Having both I'd say you cannot go wrong!!! If jimmy is like Ben- I think the main thing to hope for is one heartbeat as opposed to multiples.... Ha!

    ReplyDelete