Wednesday, April 4, 2012

33 Weeks Wednesday

Queue 33 weeks - enter some not-so-positive late(ish) pregnancy symptoms...
  • By evenings now I get little rolls around my ankles. Cute on babies, not so much on full grown women. I refuse to call this phenomena the c-word. 
  • I have a hard time standing in one place for long, like when I'm blow drying my hair. I end up feeling kind of faint. 
  • I'm back to early pregnancy sleepiness. 
  • I'm starting to scar where my belly button ring once resided from all the stretching. My mom told me that would happen, but at 16 (or was it 15?) accommodating for a baby bump was the last thing on my mind. 
  • Just this last week I lost the curvature of my hips, which doesn't bother me appearance-wise, but I do miss the utility. I'm infamous for trying to carry more things than I have hands for - coffee, water, laptop, notebook, pencil, purse, etc, so the shelves my hips created were helpful.   
  • Lastly, I'm no longer able to jog at all. Last night I set out to do my little speed walk/jog routine and by the end of it I knew it would be my last for quite a while. I now have a pulled right hip flexor and right oblique muscle and a sore lower back. I've finally thrown in the towel. Though I never loved running, it was such a a release for me. I guess The Hunger Games will just have to fill that void...
In more light-hearted news, I've grown out of my t-shirts. I guess it's time for me and Jimmy to start sharing. Also, Baby O continues to try and "break out" via my belly button most hours of the day. He's such a nut, just like his daddy. Next weekend is my baby shower, which is very, very exciting! Can't wait to see everyone and celebrate our little guy!


Peek-a-boo

No comments:

Post a Comment