Wednesday, August 22, 2012

To Swaddle or Not to Swaddle...

...that is the question.

I gave up on the feet pouch of our miracle blanket a couple weeks ago (I think Danny is kind of a long baby), but I still can't tell what Danny "prefers" to do with his hands.

This is what happens when we do both arms at night. We find him like this, wearing the blanket as a scarf, in the morning.

Excuse the blurry photo
I've done one arm (the right, since he likes to suck on his left hand), which seems to work okay, but he still kind of jolts himself awake at times. And when I go to lay him down in his crib, he sometimes grabs on to my hair or clothing for dear life.


Other mommies might wonder what all that "stuff" is in Danny's crib? I know you're not supposed to have anything in there to avoid potential suffocation. Well, I started rolling up blankets to lay on either side of Danny, so I could prop him up just enough to give me access to his little butt, so I could pat him as he fell asleep. I have the blue and white polka dot blanket in there because I convinced myself that it was warmer than the sheet below it, so maybe it would feel like less of a contrast from the warmth of me. The little brown monkey lovie is something I let him occasionally sleep with during naps only. I'm weird and so our my methods. I know! I will remove everything as soon as his hands are free and therefore he's able to pull things up towards his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment