Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Danny at 6 Months


It's just like we were told, 6 months is truly a magic age. He totally "gets" when mom and dad are being silly. He's pretty good about playing independently. He's sleeping good, eating good, jabbering and squealing away. He's becoming pretty darn predictable, which is great for this busy momma. We even braved dinner out on Friday and Danny did great - sat in the highchair and ate his cereal and apples while we had a Mexican feast! Why is this such a feat? Well, Danny wants to go to sleep at 7:30pm and he wants his bath before that and tends to be a little more fussy and antsy leading up to his routine. Eating out for dinner lately has been a little "at your own risk", so needless to say we were happy to have a civilized outing. Also, he's started reaching for me, which I naturally think is pretty sweet. Being a stay-at-home mom, however, I need to make sure he doesn't become too much of a momma's boy - I definitely want him to be a confident and independent little guy. Secretly though I want him to let me hold him until he's 30.
1, 3 and 6 month comparison
Weight: 16.4 lbs

Likes: "His" remote control, my iPhone, drawstrings/tags/zippers/straps, Malloy, "Bushel and a peck", sitting up, rolling, books, putting EVERYTHING in his mouth.



Dislikes: Breaks between bites of food, having his face and hands wiped, our snowman decoration from my Grandma Heintzelman (proof in the video below).


Sleeping: Danny is sleeping beautifully at night. I can put him down drowsy, but still awake and he puts himself to sleep. He goes down about 7:30 and sleeps until between 6:45 and 7am. Naps, on the other hand, tend to be a little more difficult. Unless he's the "perfect" amount of tired, he fights being rocked to sleep. And then even though he's dead in my arms, he wakes when I lay him down. Unlike nights, he does NOT then put himself to sleep. He just flails his arms and rolls around and then, suddenly, is no longer tired anymore. So, we wait a little bit and try again.

Eating: He's getting rice cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then one serving of a fruit or vegetable for lunch and another for dinner. I'm also throwing a teaspoon of 100% prune juice in his rice cereal to help with his "plumbing".

Rosy arms and legs from posing half naked for so long :(
I need a new sign for his month-by-month pictures. I think Danny may destroy the chalkboard from here on out...

2 comments:

  1. Danny's face at the beginning of the video is priceless! The Snowman is definitely a little scary as it is slowing moving toward poor Danny and he does not know what else to do but cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo sweet! I can't believe he doesn't like pears.

    ReplyDelete