Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Favorite

I try to eat healthy and kale is one of the best-for-you foods around. Despite it's health benefits though, I had never had a positive recipe experience with kale. That is, until now. Try this recipe for massaged kale salad and you won't be disappointed.
  1. It's easy - the lemon juice, little bit of olive oil and a few minutes of massaging tenderize the kale - no steaming necessary
  2. The flavor combo is great - toasted nuts, mango, lemon vinaigrette, leafy green
  3. Unlike a lettuce, the kale holds up it's texture enough to make a great lunch leftover the next day
  4. It's Aarti Sequeira, winner of the Next Food Network Star's, recipe
*Please note if you've never had kale, it's pretty tough - nothing like wilted spinach...



P.S - I love the natural light on the windowsill near my kitchen + our SLR. I bet you Jimmy could have never guessed when he bought this camera in CA that I'd someday take pictures of everything we eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment