Sunday, October 24, 2010

Best Belated Wedding Present Ever

On Saturday, our friend and fellow Tarheel and Wilmingtonian stopped by to give Jimmy and I a truly unique and special wedding gift. Julian is a photographer, fisherman and surfer. He produces some seriously amazing work through his business Kehaya Photo. The gift - an amazing picture of a wave at Masonboro Island, a place Jimmy has surfed many times, mounted with stretched canvas. We seriously couldn't be more thankful. And our little get-together spawned conversations about camping on Masonboro with Julian, his girlfriend, Jake, Martine and all the crazy pups. Looking forward to it...


Rewind to Friday night... Jimmy and I got home from work and decided we were too tired to whip something up for dinner, so we headed out to our local Mexican restaurant for a quick bite. I decided to take on a beer the size of my head and lived to regret it on Saturday :(


Other than our quick visit with Julian, Saturday was spent doing things around the house and being lazy (for me) and a meager 12 hours of studying for Jimmy. Yay! Not. Poor guy. By late Saturday evening Jimmy needed this fuel. So proud of myself for manning the oven, stovetop and grill in the backyard all at the same time...


On Sunday, Jimmy continued the studying marathon while Malloy and I went for a run. Come 1pm it was Redskins time! So glad we won. Week 7 was a bad Fantasy week for me - nearly all my good players had a bye week. Good thing I'm otherwise kicking butt!

1 comment:

  1. My fantasy team had a great week- but otherwise my season is so pathetic. That picture of the wave is beautiful- what an awesome gift. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete