Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mid-Summer Resolutions

Recently I made two vows to myself that I want to blog about for reinforcement.

1. Alternate power yoga and running at least 5 days a week

I was doing P90X, but haven't been especially impressed with my personal results. I did it fairly consistently (between 4-6 days a week) there for a while, but didn't really follow the diet part of it - though I generally eat pretty healthy anyways. I don't own a scale and I didn't take "before" pictures, so I don't have proof for or against the impact on my body. I don't know. I think I just thought that I would feel more slim and trim from it than I do. Anyways, I'm giving a yoga and running routine a try to see how that goes. Malloy is happy with my decision because he gets to partake on my run days...

2. Start using our digital SLR camera more often

Currently, I only use my little, digital point-and-shoot, but being around Amie the weekend before last and seeing the beautiful pictures she was able to capture with her SLR, made me realize that I should start using our SLR more often. Chris Atkinson, Matt and Garrett's mom, has one too and always gets great pics. I mean, we already own it, why let it sit on the shelf? I still won't probably take it out-out, as in to bars, restaurants, etc, but I would like to use it at the beach, around the house, weddings, etc.

Killing two birds with one stone - picture of Malloy with our SLR before heading out on our nightly run.

2 comments:

  1. Malloy is so handsome! Remember your 3rd resolution... to use curry in a recipe this month! We miss you guys! And I think your physique rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, Amie! I did forget about that one before now. I will find a recipe and make it this month. Maybe a guest appearance on Melange a Trois? Curry virgin...

    ReplyDelete