Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

Let's see, where did I leave off? Ah yes, Thursday I had Colin over again for dinner while Jimmy was at class. We had the always economical and tasty pierogies with bacon, sauteed onions and peas from Cooking Light. After dinner Colin went to grab a beer from the refrigerator and it, along with everything else in there, was luke warm. Nothing we did to the temperature dials made a difference - our fridge had bit the dust! Stinks, but at least it's a kind of exciting kitchen appliance, and not a water heater or an AC unit...
 
My dad got into town mid-afternoon on Friday to join in on the family fun. I met up with him and my brother for dinner at The Dive and drinks around town. 
 
 
Saturday it was, of course, a beach day, followed by a surf & turf feast at my mom's - grilled filet mignon and blackened mahi, parmesan roasted potatoes, a big salad and crusty rolls. 
 
 
Ali got into town late Saturday night for another beautiful beach day on Sunday followed by another great meal - homemade fried chicken, my out-of-this-world Lucky Seven mac & cheese, broccoli salad and baked beans. I think I gained ten pounds in 2 days. Must TRX myself to exhaustion this week!
 
Finally, Monday we had the day off work, so it was yet another beach day. My mom had to work at 3pm, so I decided to take Ali and Colin to Dockside for beers and apps on the water. 
 
 
After dinner we went to see Bridesmaids. Seriously one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. Between Kristen Wig and Maya Rudolph's performance in this movie, and on SNL, and having just finished Tina Fey's Bossypants, I've had a resurgence of admiration for female comedians. To be truly funny, they have to be super smart and dialed in, gutsy, confident and strong - all qualities I shoot to embody myself. Who doesn't love the Mom Jeans SNL skit?
 
 
I can't express how nice it was to have the family together this weekend - probably won't happen again until the holidays :(

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the fridge! I thought bridesmaids was funny too and just ordered bossy pants! Xxx

    ReplyDelete