Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bedroom Makeover #1

So, thanks to Miss Shiva Jean, Jimmy and I have this beautiful, super beachy Pottery Barn paisley duvet cover and shams. Great start to a bedroom, no?

Well, I've been racking my brain trying to figure out a color scheme to go with the marigold yellow and was so pleased to get the October issue of Coastal Living with inspiration I think I can work with.

The guest rooms at The Betsy Hotel in Miami, FL were featured for their crisp, clean and classy color scheme - yellow, lavender, lots of whites, dark wood and natural fabrics.




I'm going to start by painting the walls an ivory like the picture directly above. Then I'm thinking the yellow paisley duvet on the bed, lavender and white or ivory curtains, a natural jute rug, mirrors, mixture of white and dark wood furniture. It will, of course, be a long time before I can pull all this off, but it's fun to plan and dream nonetheless...

No comments:

Post a Comment