Wednesday, November 25, 2009

On the Road Again...



Heading up to Maryland after work today for Thanksgiving with the O'Connor's and Shouse's and I'm very excited. Maybe it's because I'm young and have never had to travel for work, but I love, love, love road trips! There is something warm, fuzzy and family-oriented feeling about packing up the car and heading out onto the open road.

I'm, of course, also really looking forward to spending time with family. Though I've long felt like an honorary sister, cousin, niece and daughter, something about it being official just makes it feel different this time around. I already got Grandma O'Connor's chocolate chip cookie recipe as a wonderful gift at our wedding. Do you think the fam could have been holding anything else out on me? Perhaps a secret family handshake. I doubt it, they're really too sweet, but we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment