Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chicken with Parmesan, Garlic & Herb Crust

I don't know about you, but I find preparing chicken very boring. I mean chicken can be used in a stir-fry or in any number of Mexican or Italian dishes, but what about when you just want to make a chicken main dish with a side of veg? I usually resort to making Jimmy grill the chicken or when I'm feeling especially ambitious, I'll do the Heintzelman family go-to, chicken cordon bleu. All this blabbing to say, I found an easy and tasty chicken recipe that, here's the best part, is comprised on ingredients that most of us already have in our pantry.



1 garlic clove (I opted for 2)
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
2 slices whole-wheat bread
1/4 cup grated parmesan
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Black pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 teaspoons dijon mustard

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a medium baking dish with cooking spray. Mince garlic in a food processor, then add the parsley and pulse until combined, about 15 seconds. Add the bread, parmesan, oil, salt and few grinds of pepper. Pulse until well combined. Spread the mustard on the chicken breasts and pat the breadcrumbs mixture on both sides. Arrange the chicken in a baking dish and bake until cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes.

1 comment: