Wednesday, January 18, 2012

22 Weeks Wednesday

Well today marks the end of my 22nd week! I've been incredibly fortunate to have had a great pregnancy thus far, but I'd be sugar coating things if I didn't share that this last week included some less pleasant pregnancy symptoms. First off, I've had a couple dizzy, think I might faint experiences which I'm chalking up to the characteristically low blood pressure around the 20th week. I'm also having back pain (aching and nerve pinching), usually starting at about 7:30 or 8pm when I've probably been running around and doing too much. I think more relaxing will help, but sometimes I just have things to do, so I'll have to deal with the discomfort. My only fear is this is a sign of more significant back pain to come when I'm carrying more weight, etc. Let's see, on to more happy things...
  1. I signed up for Lamaze classes starting March 14 - April 25th (weeks 30-36 for me)
  2. I'm able to see more of the inside of my belly button...uncharted territory
  3. As anyone who follows me on Pinterest probably already knows, I'm considering orange and aqua/turquoise accent colors for baby O's gray nursery. Not totally sold yet though.
  4. He's becoming more and more active, especially in the evenings. Even Jimmy gets to feel him every night before we go to bed. We=me and Jimmy. I'm pretty sure baby O stays up and contemplates life because he's still moving around like crazy when I get up to go to the bathroom...about 6 times a night.
  5. A couple times now, he has contorted himself into a position that looks pretty crazy from the outside - 1) a ball on the right side of my belly...it's not a tumor (in my best Arnold voice) 2) a ball smack dab in the center of my belly which created a truly perfect looking baby bump.
  6. People at work (guys) who missed the memo months ago, or were too afraid to say anything, are now starting to safely and with confidence tell me "congrats".
Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment