Wednesday, January 25, 2012

23 Weeks Wednesday

Wow, nearly 6 months down and things are still going really well! The only real "happening" this week was selecting our pediatrician and getting our first "expectant parent" meeting scheduled with their office. The winner? Seaside Pediatrics. Dr. Horger received glowing recommendations from quite a few of our friends and colleagues, plus word on the street is he gives the best circumcisions, so Seaside Peds it is. "Word on the street" was the best thing I could come up with, but it was actually a friend at work who just had a boy in September who told me. Apparently, it's a known fact among the nurses and OBs in Labor & Delivery that Dr. Horger is the best. Anyways, enough about that. I think I feel baby O blushing.

You know you're pregnant when....

You spot a gummy bear under your desk that had fallen out of your purse last Friday and you seriously consider eating it.


Speaking of gummy bears, I really like them right now, along with any other fruity and chewy candy. Lucky for my teeth and baby O, I don't indulge...often.

In other news, the back pain I spoke of last week has moved up and solely to the right, directly under my rib cage. What's up with that? Anyways, it sucks and I can't get comfortable most the day. Oh and I learned the hard way why docs tell you to eat smaller more frequent meals. Completely starving for lunch one day and then dinner the next, I ate a "normal" size meal and ended up doubled over in pain. Heartburn, bloating, cramping, nauseous - the works! MUST EXERCISE WILL POWER TO NOT STUFF MY FACE!

2 comments: