Wednesday, May 16, 2012

39 Weeks Wednesday

Whoa where has the time gone. I CAN NOT believe we're down to 7 days until my due date meaning before we know it we'll have a little boy in our arms. Went to the doc on Monday and I'm 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced. Head is so low she couldn't tell where his head ended and my pubic bone began while trying to get a fundal height measurement. I wouldn't - left to my own devices - take any of these observations to mean anything positive, but then the doc amped me up by saying as she walked out that I should go "on my due date, if not sooner." I know I'm potentially setting myself up for disappointment taking her words to heart AND posting them here, but I can't help it. I'm just so excited. I am taking my Lamaze coaches advice though and planning something fun to do on my due date next Wednesday, so it's not as much of a "let-down" when I'm still pregnant.

No new developments. Just feel as though the ligaments or tissues or whatever it is between my ribs is ripping at times. Oh and I'm on a bowl of cookies and cream ice cream a night regiment these days.

Jealous?
Jimmy and I have worked really hard the last couple weeks on my giant To-Do List and we're finally nearing the end. Just a couple appointments for me this week like teeth cleaning this morning and my 6 week cut and color tomorrow. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. SO exciting! Can't wait to meet Baby O... And I love the advice on planning something fun for your due date. Will definitely have to do the same here! xo

    ReplyDelete