Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Grandma & The Atkinsons

Friday, we were super lucky to have Grandma Martha (Jimmy's mom) and Ron come in to town for a weekend visit. Grandma was, of course, immediately smitten. The weekend pretty much consisted of staring at and taking pictures of Danny, Italian takeout Friday night, Memorial Day "picnic" foods at my mom's on Saturday night and more staring at and taking pictures of Danny :)

Look at my big hands!
Though it was sad to see Grandma go on Sunday, we had another social gathering to look forward to - the Atkinsons annual visit to Carolina Beach! Monday, Jimmy, Kevin, Stef, Danny and I all went over to their beach house rental for dinner and doting on Danny. Momma Atkinson, Chris, couldn't get enough of him! He slept most of the time, which was great for being passed around.


Daddy went back to work today. Though he has been sleeping great, last night Danny decided it would be way more fun to just stay up all night and nurse, so Nana came by to let me take a nap today.  Thank god for Nana! On top of taking a 2 hour nap, I've made the bed, unloaded the dishwasher, showered (and blow dried my hair - woo hoo!) and completed two blog posts. Not too shabby if you ask me. Still, we missed you today Daddy!


2 comments:

  1. He does have big hands! He is so stinking cute! It makes me happy to see him in that green button down- I loved that shirt on Wyatt and was very sad when he outgrew it. I have more hand me downs if you want them- let me know- I don't want to flood you with our stuff... I love the posts- thank you for fitting them in as I know you have your hands full. And I love the pic of you- you look so great- not at all like you just had a baby!!!! I want to hold him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of you and Mom. You look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete