Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dinner Club

A couple months ago, I had an idea for a monthly get-together with girls. I bounced that idea off one of my colleagues and Amie who had done something similar in NY and so the Dinner Club was born. Everyone takes turns hosting and providing the entree. Each guest either brings a salad, side dish, bread, dessert, appetizer or a signature cocktail. Each month the dinner theme changes. Everyone brings recipe cards for the dish they made, so we all walk away with new recipes each night. Oh and we're totally stuffed. It's a win win.

I hosted the first dinner this past Thursday and it was a big success! Here are the details. I apologize in advance, but I was a little too preoccupied with hosting to take pictures. Plus, I was in the company of some newer friends, so I didn't want to wig them out with my obsession with blogging and taking pics of food...
  • Theme: Southern Eclectic
  • Menu
    • Appetizers: Fried Green Tomatoes with Cajun Remoulade & Mini Sloppy Joes
    • Signature Cocktail: Raspberry Lemonade Mimosas
    • Entree: Shrimp & Grits (from Crooks Corner in Chapel Hill, NC)
    • Side: Mac & Cheese
    • Bread: Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
    • Salad: Spinach & Strawberry
    • Dessert: Peach Cobbler
Too bad we couldn't have taken a field trip to Charleston for this dinner club. Oh well, we were there in spirit...

1 comment: