Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bel Far Niente

"Bel far niente" means the beauty of doing nothing in Italian. I learned it from a book I'm reading and I thought it was an appropriate title for my Sunday AM post...

There was a lot of beer drinking going on in Carolina Beach yesterday... just not by me and Jimmy. Jimmy had class so it was just me during the day. I did a quick P90X workout in the AM and then decided to head down to the beach. Every Saturday, Carolina Beach has a Farmer's Market at the lake that I had yet to go to, so I took the long way to the beach to swing by and see what it was all about. It was just okay. I can admit though that I'm completely biased since I have the Santa Monica Farmer's Market as my benchmark. Oh well, it was definitely worth checking out...


Here's me on the beach with my Carolina Beach Kindle cover - a ziplock freezer bag. What?!? It works. I just finished reading The Help, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and now I'm reading Eat Pray Love. I never really had any interest in reading Eat Pray Love and then I saw previews for the movie with Julia Roberts and it kind of sparked something in me. So far, so good. 


Saturday afternoon Jimmy came home pretty tired from class so we opted not to attend the first annual Carolina Beach beerfest. We could, however, hear the bands and all the action from our porch and it sounded pretty fun. We decided instead to just go out for dinner and take it easy, so we rode our bikes to Michael's, a good seafood place on the island. We had 4 small appetizers for dinner instead of entrees, ahi tuna & buffalo shrimp (not pictured - too hungry) and crab dip & a black and bleu crab pizza. Yummy!


Here's me trying to take a picture of Malloy when we got home. I didn't zoom. That's just how close he gets to the camera every time I try to photograph him. He totally doesn't get the concept of just sitting there and acting natural...


Today it's a little grocery shopping, laundry and cooking. Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend to me! Malloy is adorable. I haven't read Eat Pray Love either- it's been on my book pile for AGES and I keep choosing other books instead. But I too am totally interested in the movie... LOVE Julia Roberts- so I will have to get off my duff and read the thing before it comes out. In the middle of some great Brit Chick Lit right now though... so have to finish that first... ha! Summer reading...

    ReplyDelete