Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Recent Recipes

While Jimmy was away at class last night, I made this pasta for us to have for lunch today and tomorrow and I must say it was pretty tasty. I subbed some of the milk for chicken broth and added a little swiss and leftover cream cheese I had in the fridge. I also opted to use a whole bag of fresh spinach - it wilts to nothing the second the hot cheese sauce hits it - instead of frozen spinach. Lastly, I used whole wheat shells. Not exactly super healthy, but a must try nonetheless...


Speaking of not super healthy, I made this cobb salad for dinner tonight. What? It has the word salad in it. And I used a vinegarette instead of blue cheese dressing. That counts for something. Anywho, I think cobb salads are great because you can pretty much add whatever veggies you have lying around as additional "layers" and/or switch out the protein to include turkey, ham, etc. Using a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken made this a very quick meal to pull together. In case you can't see, our salad included hard-boiled eggs, bacon crumbles, chicken, tomatoes, green onions and (of course) lettuce. Should have also used an avocado, but couldn't find any good ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment