Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo & Halfway

Since we're not having Mexican food or margaritas tonight in celebration of Cinco de Mayo, I thought I'd post a few throwbacks of our trip to Mexico in 2006. Jimmy and I went to San Diego for my Junior year Spring Break. In addition to visiting all the little beach towns, the San Diego Zoo, Gaslamp District and Little Italy, we decided to venture into Mexico. Passing over the border is quite an experience, as is driving by Tijuana. Our destination, Rosarito, was pretty interesting as well.  I know I didn't go anywhere near south enough to see Mexico's beauty (Cozumel, Cabo, etc) and I should give it another chance, but based on my experience, Mexico is just not my favorite place.




Jimmy then went a second time to Mexico in 2007 with CA buddies on a surfing trip, but I don't have picture proof. They also drove and didn't venture too too far south, but they did get to see a more a little more of Mexico's appeal. In this case, undeveloped Pacific coastlines, quaint itty-bitty towns and uncrowded surf.


What better day than the fifth of May for us to also celebrate Jimmy's halfway point in grad school. So glad that he only has 12 months left and so proud of him for all his hard work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment