Monday, May 16, 2011

Girls Weekend

Jimmy was away so it was a girls weekend for me. Friday night I watched Blue Valentine (so disturbing as far as this newlywed is concerned) and went to bed fairly early. Saturday I was up and at it early scouring my mom's storage unit for cool pieces we could pull into the living room design. She had two antiques with two parts to each - one a hutch with a glass cabinet on top and one a smaller hutch with a mirror unit on top. I had the brilliant (if I do say so myself) idea to take the bottom, hutch pieces of each to use as a TV stand for the small hutch and storage/focal point for the big hutch. The big hutch became the focal point by adding a beautiful, antique gold mirror she also had tucked away in the storage unit. People pay good money for antique pieces like these, so it was so rewarding to find a place for them in her new beach condo. An armchair and a few more accessories and I'll be ready to post pictures...

Saturday afternoon we hit up a few decorating stores before treating ourselves to a beer at Carolina Ale House, then a glass of wine and cheese platter at The Fortunate Glass and finally chocolate fondue at The Little Dipper. Sunday it was the beach and then dinner with Jimmy at our local Mexican restaurant. Life's tough...

1 comment: