Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Say hello to my little friend...


I am going to be sooooo sore tomorrow.

Tonight's dinner was island pork tenderloin and coconut rice (not so great pic, but it was good).



2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 pork tenderloins (2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pounds total)
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Combine together salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and cinnamon in a gallon sized storage bag. Add pork and seal bag. Massage the spices into the pork and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Heat oil in an ovenproof 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until just beginning to smoke, then brown pork, turning, about 4 minutes total. Transfer pork into preheated oven and roast until thermometer inserted diagonally in center of each tenderloin registers 140°F, about 20 minutes. Let pork stand in skillet at room temperature 10 minutes. (Temperature will rise to about 155°F while standing.)

3 comments:

  1. Kaylie, I would LOVE to get your coconut rice recipe! I have been looking for a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I don't know what your exercise band is for but I did yoga yesterday for the first time in months and cannot move my arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I did the TRX thing today with my lax team. It was awesome and actually helped me balance with my ever growing baby belly!

    ReplyDelete