Thursday, May 19, 2011

First of Many...

Very excited to have my brother in town from AZ and my sister here again from Chapel Hill. Colin decided to take 1st semester summer session off, so he's here - in NC - until early June. Woo hoo! He shares my passion for cooking...and eating, so many great meals will be had. First up was mahi mahi tacos last night. Amie introduced me to Emeril's fish batter and crema recipes and I've been using them ever since. I initially had the oil too hot, so the first batch got a little too done (note: the piece of fish in the right hand corner), but the rest of the fish was deliciously fried to golden perfection...



Oh, and maybe not as exciting as I let on in my previous post, but here's the hutch/mirror combo we salvaged from the storage unit for my mom's living room. The big picture coming later... 




Tonight's dinner is a repeat - for me and Ali - low country shrimp boil. The fam will have a beach day today and I figured it would be a fun post-fun in the sun meal for everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment