Thursday, May 13, 2010

Charleston & Chapel Hill

In the midst of packing for my next adventure this coming weekend, I'm finally getting around to posting about this past weekend. So, last Friday I left work a little early to meet my mom, dad and brother, Colin - visiting from Tucson, AZ - in Charleston for an old family friend's wedding. The wedding party, of course, had the rehearsal dinner Friday evening, so my family fended for ourselves at Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's Island. Poe's is seriously the cutest restaurant with great burgers and fries.

Saturday we woke up and went to breakfast at the famous Hominy Grill. I had really good shrimp and grits - a local favorite! Then we spent the rest of the day on Saturday relaxing by the pool where the wedding party and guests were staying.


Though very, very hot and humid, the wedding Saturday afternoon was beautiful. So happy for Jonathan and his lovely bride, Katie. I am so glad we all got to be there and celebrate with you and all our family friends.


We left the reception at about 8:30pm so we could start the trek to Chapel Hill (5 hours) for... drumroll please... Ali's college graduation on Sunday morning!! So proud of you Al and all the other "sea of blue" graduates"!


The graduate with a midday brewski during lunch (kids these days) and then proof of why that she deserves it...



As if this post (and weekend) wasn't long enough already, next we went to La Residence for a special graduation dinner party for Ali and a couple of her friends. La Residence is where Ali has worked since she's been in college and is also where Jimmy and I worked during our Carolina years - some could even say it's where we fell for each other. La Rez was also where I had my graduation dinner with roomates Shiva, Catherine and Lindsey some 4 years ago. I digress. Anyways, it was a wonderful night.


Next up is Charleston (again) this coming weekend for Lauren Lea's bachelorette weekend. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment