Sunday, May 23, 2010

Visitor & Baby Shower

This weekend marked the first full week of graduate school for Jimmy. So far, so good! Friday night we took it easy because Jimmy had class all day on Saturday. Saturday night we had the pleasure of hanging out with Dan, in town from Baltimore, MD, and Jake. We hadn't seen Dan since our wedding, so it was great to catch up with him. Jake, Dan, Jimmy and I were all roommates for a period of time in Santa Monica. Oh how we all miss those days. Here's a pic from Saturday night of the gang back together...


Sunday morning I had to bake a cake for my friend Lauren's bridal shower at noon. Why I take on baking projects when I know I can't bake worth a darn, I don't know. I eyeball everything I cook, so the precision required in baking screws me up every time. Anyways, two batches of cake later and flour on every surface of my kitchen and I had made the Lady Strawberry Cake I learned about from Wedded Whittaker. I was in a big hurry, so I didn't take a picture until I got to the shower. Here it is under the glass dome. Not the best picture, but it was a big hit!


The shower was beautiful. Lauren's friends went above and beyond with the food and decor. Perhaps the best part though was the 10 minutes I had with her daughter, Bailey. I could just eat her up. I guess it was almost as much fun to see her mama showered with gifts and love...


Hope everyone has a good start to the week tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Cake turned out so beautifully! Um- Yes... you all lived in Santa Monica. Close to US. Why oh why did you all leave us????

    ReplyDelete