Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring Onion x 2

I participate in this program at work where you receive a weekly box of locally grown fruits and veggies from a company called Produce Box. You know in advance what the box is going to contain so, if you're like me and plan out your weekly meals, you know what to incorporate in your dishes. Well last week the box contained, among other things, spring onions.

I decided to use up my spring onions in one fell swoop and created two dishes with them tonight. First up, the entree, was a goat cheese, caramelized spring onion and thyme stuffed chicken in a white wine sauce. For our side dish, I went for a baked sweet potato topped with cream cheese (light, of course) and raw spring onions.


I love sweet potatoes in all varieties, but this is seriously good. You'd think sour cream on a baked potato, but no, cream cheese on sweets is the way to go. Here are the recipes. Enjoy!

Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese, Caramelized Spring Onions and Thyme
Baked Sweet Potato and Cream Cheese

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! I will have to give these a try! Love spring onions!

    ReplyDelete