Wednesday, February 15, 2012

26 Weeks Wednesday

Week 26 will go down in history as the week of "power moves". Planning the nursery is something that I have taken very serious. I love decorating and I've dreamed of designing a nursery for my baby basically my entire life, so I didn't want to just throw something together. If you ask my mom or Jimmy, I'm a little psycho, but I say I'm just a woman who knows what she wants! So here's what I accomplished in week 26...
  • After much research (we're talking hours and hours over multiple days people), we finally bought a crib and crib mattress! I decided on the highly rated, but economical DaVinci Emily crib and the Colgate Classica I foam mattress. Quick thought - I know the mattress is supposed to be firm, but this sucker is stiff as a board.
  • Ordered the rug and it arrived today! Pics to come.
  • My mom and I bought the sewing pattern for the crib skirt. 
  • I bought a great $60 long dresser/changing table from Craigslist that I can now refinish and/or paint!
  • I completed my nursery inspiration collage which included nailing down the color scheme - I'd share during this post, but that would be no fun. I must spread the love to other posts. 
  • I bought the materials to start two decorative DIY projects.
Looks good done, but Daddy did not enjoy assembly
Now I just need to find my fabric. What to do this weekend, what to do? I'm soooo happy to be past the inspiration search/research phase and to finally start working on some projects.

In pregnancy news, only one thing to report. It has just occurred to me over the last week or so that the "heartburn" I've mentioned before has been solely localized to under my right rib cage, which has made me question whether it's really heartburn at all. After a call to the OB this week, I'm working on some trouble-shooting. I have a scheduled appointment on Friday AM, so I hope to find out more then.

1 comment: