Saturday, February 25, 2012

Birthday Part I & New Neighbors

Today is my 28th birthday and I'm blogging from bed as Jimmy makes me scrambled eggs and baby O does somersaults - life is good! Borrowing a page from my mom's book, I'm milking my b-day for all it's worth this year.

The celebrating started with sweet cards from my family. Then Thursday I went out to dinner and movie with Jenny and Brittany from work. We saw The Vow, which was pretty disappointing, but dinner and company was great. It's always nice to get out with the girls!

"Dessert"
I came into work on Friday to one of these and a gift card for Michaels (for all my DIY projects) on my desk from Brittany. If you've never had Chocolove before, you must try! Thanks Brittany!


I then met my mom and Jan for lunch at the Brasserie. After a busy day at work, I stopped by our house quickly to pick up Jimmy before heading over to Kevin's place to see he and Stef's new digs. Yes, you heard me right, Kevin's place. He up and decided it was time to leave property management and the Virginia Beach area, so here he is! He got a job at Castle Branch, an awesome rental with a pool and BOTH ocean and marsh views and Stefanie is close behind him setting up interviews left and right. I'll post a pic of their views a little later today - we're jealous. So happy to have them as neighbors!

Post dinner belly rub
Before heading home for the night, Stef pulled this giant box from Kelly out of her car. Much to my amazement, it was filled to the brim with cute clothes for baby O, a bumbo and breast pump. Thank you, thank you, thank you Ms. Kelly (and Connor)!!


If that wasn't enough, I awoke this morning to these super cute Van's from Jimmy - perfect for skinnys now and shorts in the summer, as though I'll have time to think about what I look like. Though a pair of shoes is a plenty wonderful gift, Jimmy has also agreed to let me pick out some things for my itch to redecorate our bedroom. If only "pinner" on Pinterest could be a job...


Now it's a quick jog with Stefanie to show her the island by foot and then pedicures. Did I mention yesterday was Stef's 24th birthday??  Tonight we have reason to celebrate! Happy birthday to us!

1 comment: