Monday, July 12, 2010

Blue Ridges

What another wonderful, but busy weekend. I took a half day on Friday so I could get up to Boone, Blowing Rock actually, in time for Erin and Eli's engagement party. A few horrible rain storms later and I made it to Blowing Rock just in time to change stealth-like in a parking lot near the country club. I felt a little disheveled, but I suppose I turned out alright. I was greeted with some big hugs from a couple great high school friends and some super low humidity and cool mountain weather. Couldn't ask for much more. Here's me and Erin and Erin and her future hubby.


I left the party at about 9:30 to get myself home to my mom's safely. We shared some wine while we caught up a little and then hit the sack. Saturday morning we actually made our way back to Blowing Rock for a family friend's surprise lingerie shower and a few quick errands. Saturday afternoon, I was making my way to my Dad's when I realized it was Highland Games time. This meant pretty bad traffic and also that the annual Bear race was earlier that week which Erin and Eli actually ran. I ran the Bear last year and vowed I'd try it again, but there's no way that I can train for running 5 miles straight up a mountain at the beach. Whatever. I'll find something else to set my mind on, the front runner being a triathalon.

Anyways, Saturday afternoon and evening was just some quality time with my pops. We made dinner together (grilled strip steaks, "mock" garlic mashed potatoes, salad, bread and red wine), which we shared outside in the aforementioned mild mountain temps. Bodhi loved that I stopped by too...



Sunday then consisted of a quick stop back in Boone at my mom's, a visit with Erin and her parents at their beautiful home in Blowing Rock, a very quick stop to see Ali in Chapel Hill and then home. Whew. Such a busy weekend, but all so worth it when (1) I get to see friends (2) I get to see my family and, last but not least, (3) I get to marvel at the beauty that is the Blue Ridge Mountains.


So fortunate to have the week to relax a little before my dad comes for a visit on Friday. Woo hoo! So excited to see him again. Poor Jimmy is beyond busy at school. Still enjoying the summer, but not as much as he'd like to. Doing a great job though!

1 comment: