Friday, July 30, 2010

Fish Friday

Hope everyone is having a great Friday thus far. For us, the morning started out with a nice run. Ahh, to get your workout done in the morning - it's the best. This weekend is shaping up to be pretty uneventful, which is a really nice change of pace. Tonight I'm trying this fish recipe Amie told me about. In a nutshell, it's a bed of fresh spinach, topped with fish fillets, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, marsala wine, rice wine vinegar and fresh ginger, folded up into a tin foil pocket, baked in the oven and then served over pearl couscous. If I don't totally botch it, I'll try to resist eating immediately and take a few pictures and post the whole recipe. 

Saturday Jimmy has class during the day and exams start next week, so Saturday night we might just do a movie and maybe Sunday Jimmy can get some of his studying done on the beach. Depending on our moods, I vote the  movie be either Inception or Dinner with Schmucks


Saturday evening Carolina Beach is hosting their first annual beerfest right at the lake, about .3 mile from our house. On the one hand, we should be "supporting" town events. On the other hand, a beerfest sounds like a pretty unnecessary distraction in Jimmy's quest to survive his second semester of grad school. We'll just see how it goes. I mean the proceeds go to the Pleasure Island Sea Turtle Project. Who doesn't love sea turtles?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty perfect weekend to me! Let me know how you like the fish dish- it's seriously so easy and really good. I made it last week at my parents'. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete