Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm on a boat...

Kelly, Spencer, Kevin and Stefanie are on their way down to Carolina Beach as we speak!

The plan for this weekend started out as just a guys charter fishing trip to the Gulf Stream aboard Captain Gorges' Seaward Action - yes, it's pronounced gorgeous. Then Kelly and Stef decided they'd come down too, so I wouldn't be stuck in a house with a bunch of dudes. Captain Gorges, also known as Mark, one of Castle Branch's Sales Reps, then broke the news to the guys that the seas were supposed to be too rough and/or too high to go out, so then no one was coming to visit. Then it was just Kevin and Stef coming with no intention of fishing and now finally Kelly and Spencer have decided to come too! I was so happy that our plans were bouncing back and then I became ecstatic when last minute the Captain said that it may be calm enough for an inland joy ride on Saturday. If it's looking good in the AM, it'll be me, Jimmy, Kelly, Spencer, Kevin, Stef, Mark and his girlfriend on his 30ft Grady White just cruising and soaking up the sun... 


Seaward Action and the Captain...





 

What's on the menu this weekend, you ask? 

Dinner Tonight - Emeril's Fish Tacos (I'm using mahi mahi) with cabbage, avocado, pineapple habanero salsa, lime and crema.
Saturday Breakfast - Pioneer Woman's Make-ahead English Muffin Melts and To Die For Blueberry Muffins
Saturday Dinner - OUT





I had two pints of blueberries to use up and I saw the muffin melts on Ree's blog earlier this week and thought they looked delicious, so my sibling-in-laws will just have to be my guinea pigs...
 

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! And I'm glad to see the fish tacos are popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll be making these real soon:)Thanks for getting up early and making them for us!

    ReplyDelete